Simple Beef Stir Fry
Simple Stir Fry
Be sure to stir throughout cooking. Keep the ingredients in this meal moving so they don’t stick or burn.
- 1 lb stew meat
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 2 cans of oriental veggies
- Chopped onion
- Chopped bell pepper
- 3 to 4 tblsp sesame seed oil
- Mrs. Dash seasoning
- Black pepper
- Put 3 to 4 tablespoons of the oil in a pan on low (around 4).
- When oil has warmed (before it smokes, barely bubbling), add stew meat.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover the meat while it browns.
- When meat is browned, add butter and broccoli, onion, and bell pepper. Season liberally (but not too much) with Mrs. Dash.
- When broccoli is halfway to the desired level of crispness, add the canned veggies. Add more butter if necessary, and re-season the meat and veggies as needed.
- When the broccoli is at the desired level of crispness, the meal is done cooking.
The way I cooked this the other night, it tasted very good. As usual, the oil kept the meat moist. I thought it could have used more flavor to make it savory, but it had a good taste.
If I were going to do something different to make it savory, using marinated meat would help. Or add soy sauce (not my favorite sauce), or ginger, or something. It was good, but needed that “little extra”.