Steak and Eggy rice
Steak with Eggy rice
This meal is kind of a breakfast scramble. I was going for texture, aside from, you know, not being hungry.
- 1.5 cup jasmine rice
- 6 med eggs
- 3 small steaks, cut up
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Earth Naturals butter
- Red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle cheese
- Rice goes in rice cooker with a dollop of oil.
- When rice is done, add egg. Cook like scrambled eggs (add milk, if desired, but be sure to stir) until “dry”.
- Add cheese at about the “half done” mark. Keep stirring occasionally.
- When near done, stir in seasonings: red pepper flakes and basil.
- When done, just stir to keep the mix from sticking. It will be, or become, slightly moist “crumbly”. This is okay.
- Warm oil in pan.
- Add steak bits.
- Sprinkle salt over the meat for flavor.
- Add a little butter to encourage a “boil” of butter (flavor) and oil (moisture).
- Cook until pink is gone.
Mix the eggy rice into the pan with the steak…
Don’t let the rice mix burn at the bottom. Just warm them together.
Salt should always be sprinkled over meat as it begins to cook. I don’t know why, quite, but it does fantastic things for flavor. I lurve it.
Overall, the meal came out well. A little too “breakfast scrambley” for my tastes (I don’t like breakfast burritos or anything resembling them). If I could have done something different, I should have added chopped sweet peppers. Would have added good color. And, I’d bet this meal would have taken sriracha pretty well, too.