Green beans, leek, and turkeydogs
Tonight’s dinner made me wonder how I was going to pull it off. The cupboard is pretty bare, right now. I look forward to when that finally turns around… after my SO and I get moved at the end of this month. Still, it’s a long time on (cuss word) Ramen.
What I’m happy didn’t clash is the green bean taste with the leek. From experience, I know the leek soup addition will make this meal pretty filling, at least, or so I projected.
- 2 turkeydogs, cut up
- 1 package Knorr leek soup
- 2 packs Ramen noodles
- 1 can green beans
- sesame seed oil
- Sautee turkeydog in sesame seed oil with garlic. I did this until the turkeydog was slighty burnt.
- Get the Ramen steeping. I opened the leek soup package so it was ready to add. I also opened the green beans… I like pop top cans.
- When turkeydogs were at the “slightly burnt” stage, added the amount of water according to the back of the Knorr package (1-1/2 c water). Then I dumped in the leek soup. Stir.
- When the leek soup was steaming, I added the green beans. Then I added a light sprinkle of marjoram over the whole of the mix. Keep stirring.
- My cat, Moosh, thought the green beans might taste good. I told him he was crazy. Green beans would taste awesome. Horace looked on, too good to join Moo and pretend he likes veggies. Moo, however, has been known to steal mushrooms, carrot, and other foods from people’s plates.
- Finished product. After everything was hot in the mix, I added the noodles (drained, of course) from the bowls and stirred, then re-portioned the meal.
My SO did comment that the meal, overall, was more filling than expected. I’m saving half of mine for brunch tomorrow.